1. Murungai keerai / Drumstick leaves – 1 Cup
2. Urad Dhall – ¼ Cup
3. Red Chillies – 2 Nos
4. Jeera / Cumin Seeds – ¼ tbsp
5. Asafoetida – a Pinch
6. Oil – ¼ tbsp
7. Salt to taste
1. Clean leaves and dry them. When dried dry roast the leaves in a pan till crisp and keep aside.
2. Put oil in a pan and roast the red chillies, urad dhall & cumin seeds separately and add asafoetida & salt.
3. Allow it to cool and powder them.
4. Store it in airtight container
Mix with Ghee or gingely oil. Goes well with rice, idli & dosas.
Variation: Curry leaves powder can be prepared in a similar way. Chenna dhall can be added.