I think this might sound awww on seeing Raw papaya. But it tasted yummy. We are forced to cut down our papaya tree two days back. I was left with no option other to nod my head :( . I felt very sad on that day as it was associated with me from seed stage. It gave us plenty of fruits for last three years and even at the last day of it survival. There were many raw papayas. Hence decided to try it in Morkuzhambu.
Here is my recipe
- Diced papaya - 1 cup
- Sour curd - 1 cup
- Small onion - 6 nos (chopped finely)
- Tomato chopped - 3 tbsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Ginger - 1/4 inch
- Toor dhal - 1 tbsp (soaked for 20 mins)
- Green Chili - 1 No
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Pepper corn - 2 Nos
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 pinch
- Bengal gram - 1/2 tsp
- Dry chilli - 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- hing / Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 1 twig
- Pressure the papaya with a pinch of tumeric powder and salt.
- Grind all the items given for grinding in to smooth paste.
- Mix the grounded paste with the curd and beat well and add water as required and keep it as side.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the items under To Saute one by one and fry
- To this add chopped onion and fry till it is slender and tomato, cooked papaya and salt to it and allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the curd mix to it and when the bubbles starts appearing, switch it off and add few curry leaves to it.
Thanks for visiting.